Monday, November 17, 2014

Weekly Update Nov. 2nd-16th 2014

When I say "weekly" update, I hope you know that's just a rough estimate. This one covers the past 2 weeks. Sometimes you have a bad week and nobody wants to hear about it. Just give it time and there will be something to write about. Life is all about ups and downs.

Starting with Monday morning, November 3rd, Evan was playing "Elf on the Shelf" where he was the Elf. Sophie just cried because she "just wants to be Sophie!" That was the sign that the Christmas decorating needed to happen! When I told the kids we were going to be putting up the tree, and maybe we could surprise Daddy when he got home, Evan got upset and said, "But families work together!!!" So we decided to wait for Dad, and ended up putting if off a few days. But this past Friday (the 14th) we finally got our tree decorated! It had been up for about a week with just the lights (and it's pre-lit. haha!) I realize the rest of the world is saying "what do you mean finally?" Well, my goal is always the day after Halloween, but something ALWAYS comes up and it ends up being about the week or two before Thanskgiving. So if my goal was the day after Thanksgiving like most peoples, it might not be done by Christmas. Having the tree up (trees actually, but the one in the front room isn't decorated yet!) brings a sort of magical excitement. I LOVE watching the kids enjoy all the Christmas magic. Putting up the tree is just the start.  When the tree goes up, Elf shows up. Yes, our elves name is Elf. I love having someone around that helps the kids remember to be nice and obey! (Another great reason for decorating early!!!)

Other than decorating for Christmas I've been doing a lot of stamping and of course piano teaching! I had a couple parties and met some really nice people! I love having the added benefit of meeting new friends! I'm looking forward to having a fun Bingo night next month and hope that several friends can make it even though December is always a busy month! I've also started guest blogging on the Stampers Xpress blog. (It's a private blog for my up & downline.) Again, I absolutely LOVE the friendships made through Stampin' Up! They have truly blessed my life.

I've also been busy around the house. I finished re-finishing 6 dining chairs (paint and fabric) plus 2 counter stools/chairs (paint & new cushions). They look AMAZINGLY better! Little updates can make a HUGE difference!

The rest of the family has been busy as well. Evan had his initial evaluation at the school district for speech therapy. He was so excited to "go to school". I hope when he does finally start school he isn't disappointed! He'll have another full evaluation sometime soon, probably after Thanksgiving and we'll go from there. We're also hoping this will open up a possibility for preschool for the rest of the school year. I know it's not a whole lot of time, but I think it will definitely be beneficial.

He is definitely growing up. He went for another haircut on Saturday. He still wanted to sit on Mom's lap, but didn't wiggle at all! He also wasn't afraid of the clippers - or the "tickle machine" as the lady called it. He did a GREAT job. The stylist not so much. Dylan keeps saying he looks like Lloyd from Dumb & Dumber. We might have to take him back to get it fixed.

Yesterday at church was the annual Primary Program, and it happened to be the first for Evan! He didn't want to sit by his class at the front, but did want to sit by Mom who was sitting in the back by the class she helps teach. After every song (which he didn't sing!) he would bounce up and ask if it was his turn yet. Finally, it was, but he didn't want to go without Mom! He did a GREAT job at the microphone though. His part was "I am happy with my family because they are my best friends!" (He wrote the ending himself!) I guess it was too short for him because he stood there bravely waiting for me to tell him what to say next. He ended with "The End". haha!

Sophie continues to grow no matter how hard I try to stop it. She LOVES to dance and sing and is so happy! She also LOVES to talk. She uses the biggest words possible and describes everything! "This is a HUMONGOUS pear!" She is such a blessing to our family! She adores her big brother and copies everything he does. (good AND bad) I love watching and listening to them play together. They have their moments like all siblings do, but they love each other and take care of each other. Evan is always concerned for Sophie and watching out for her, and Sophie takes care of "bruboo" (or "picklebug"). They always get an extra treat for the other, which probably allows them to have more treats... how can I say no to service? This morning she got fruit snacks for everyone out of the pantry and after Evan ate his he told her to go get him some more fruit snacks to which she replied, "ok!" with a happy smile.

Well that's about it this time. Grandma & Grandpa R. come this week for Thanksgiving and will be staying through the beginning of December while Dylan gets to go to Germany for work! Evan is gladly giving up his room so he can sleep in Mom & Dad's room. haha. I guess it's my own fault for getting rid of the guest room and turning it completely into my "office". I guess it's a fair trade. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment