Monday, April 28, 2014

Don't forget to have fun!

We went on vacation for a few days to New Orleans for my birthday. For some reason, people are shocked when I tell them we brought the kids. I guess New Orleans has that kind of reputation, but honestly, we ALL had a BLAST. Swimming, shopping, sight-seeing (and none of that kind of sight-seeing if you know what I mean!) It was a much needed trip. I don't remember the last "vacation" we took where there was no work involved, and we were ALL there. It was really nice. The best part was that the hotel was free thanks to all the points racked up by all the traveling that the Mr. does. It was a very cute hotel right in the French Quarter. Yep, I was pretty much in heaven.

Of course, we come home and I have a very busy week recovering from vacation. Did you miss me? Well, I'm back, and I'm exhausted but exhilarated at the same time! I had an amazing evening last night with a good friend at a very fun "special event". I even won a prize! That's always exciting! Unless you're an avid paper crafter like me, you probably wouldn't get it, but then again I was once anti-scrapbooking as well. So, if you don't know anything about Stampin' Up!, well, they are a fantastic paper crafting/memory keeping company that has lots of coordinating paper products (and stamps, imagine that!) as well as digital designing, home decor, oh so many things! Anyway, I'm addicted, as most people that know anything about them are. Every year they come out with a new catalog of all their products. Last night was a red carpet new catalog release. Sounds fun right? So I attended with my friend Julie at a movie theater here in Houston. It was fun to see new products, and receive a new catalog early, PLUS I won 3 ink pads of their new "in-colors" which are seasonal colors they keep around for only 2 years. Not to mention, I also got a fun new stamp set!

Anyway, the point of all this is that for me, making cards, digital designing, and just being creative is a great stress reliever for me, and it's even BETTER that I get to do it with friends! Every mom needs a hobby for "herself" to balance things out. I love that my hobby also records the memories we make as a family, and documents these years that will be over before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment